Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 20, 2012

Goodbye to an old friend...

I said goodbye to my 1996 Honda Civic recently. What an unbelievable car that was for me. It was my first new car, and just breached the 100,000 mile mark when we traded it in. This car drove me through many adventures the past 16 years....everything from carrying me to work every day, leaving the club late at night after a long night of dancing with my BFF, my first date with Kevin when I met him at the beach, vacations with friends, flirtations at red lights (when I was still single) with the music cranked, belly laughs and deep conversations with friends and also many tears. This thing lived with us all up and down the East coast on our various moves. Other than being broken into one time and one fender bender, I had good luck in this little car. It was sad to see her go....it feels like an end of an era for me as silly as it sounds.
We traded her in for a navy blue Honda CRV, which we love and will be more accomodating once Mallorie gets here. I already know the license plate for our family of four, and will put it on once Mallorie gets here. My mom thought of it for her car, but I am stealing it from her! It will be: HAN&MAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment