Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, September 21, 2012

Frustration doesn't even explain it...

We were all set to have our documents sent to the Chinese Consultate, when I found out that our homestudy agency did not notarize three documents needed for our dossier. So, I had to contact them, get them done all over again, and sent to the state for certification. On top of that, since we got married in St. Thomas, our marriage certificate has to be "state certified" by The Virgin Islands. First of all, our agency told us this wouldn't have to happen, and then, they told us it did. So, I sent those off to have those done, and they did an apostille, not a certification. Back to square one again. After numerous phone calls, I think I have gotten the Lieutenant Goverenor's office in St. Thomas to write up the right thing. This has set us back at least 2 weeks in our process. It is just so frustrating, and I want to scream! Hopefully St. Thomas will send the appropriate certification this time, and we will be good to go onto the consulate. China has gotten so picky about paperwork since The Hague, it is ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment