Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 10, 2013

An update....

Today, we received an update on the little girl we were waiting on. Unfortunately, her medical exam and reports came back with some devastating diagnoses. She has some very complicated medical/special needs that we aren't prepared to handle that were not mentioned on her initial medical report. She is not doing very well at all. Sadly, we have to withdraw our application to adopt this particular little girl. While saddened by this news, we are thankful we got this update before actually going to China to adopt her. I've been chatting with other adoptive moms who have had this happen, and we are not alone. I'll be praying for this little girl. My heart connected with her even in the short time she was ours. Maybe we had a part somehow in her finding the family that is indeed meant for her. This doesn't hinder us in any way from our agency matching us with another child, and we are still going to find Mallorie...the search just begins once again...but my heart will remain touched by this little girl for quite a while. Among her updated medical info, we got numerous reports written in Chinese, but they did have English dates and numerals. One of the reports, I believe it was a CT or a test that they ordered out of concern (or maybe even per another family) was dated August 2012. This report was not in her initial referral information. If it would have been, then maybe we could have been spared from this experience. II think another family had been interested in this little girl, and ordered some testing and declined her as well, and she went back on the shared list. Maybe these tests didn't make it into the file for some reason. I think that explains why she just "popped up" on there one night. Another conflicting issue is that on her initial referral info, it said she was a bright, happy little girl who responded to her nanny's and was even trying to talk. Now, we get the information that she is slow to respond, severe delays and "severely retarded"? It just doesn't make sense. Either way, I am glad we found out what we found out so we could move on before getting further into approvals and travel plans. This just proves you never ever know what is an accurate file/medical and what isn't. We had requested this update through Ladybugs N Love, and I believe this is the information they found, and since it was so bad, they forwarded it to our agency. Either that, or our agency's update came in at the same time. Either way, it saved us a lot of heartache. This little girl's face will remain with me for sometime. But, we will move on and pray that God will reveal who Mallorie is, and that we will find her soon.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I am so so sorry. This has to be devastating to your family. Praying for you and the little girl.
    -sweetgirls on RQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tera. Yes, it was devastating, and really hard. But, we are moving on, knowing our daughter is out there...we just have to go back to waiting again to find her.

      Delete
  2. I just came across the name change post and I was like what? Wow, i'm too am so sorry. It so sadden me that China would want to I will say "hide" info. You have a strong heart and I would have done the same thing you did. After our wait finally ended with 5.5 yrs of waiting, I thought the same thing, what if something is wrong? Emma was so healthy her Dr while using her files, just looking at her photo, said there's nothing wrong with this little girl, her eyes, face all prefect. I pray that you will be matched with the prefect little girl. God Bless
    Sherri in Florida

    ReplyDelete