Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Impatient...that's me.

A friend once said "Don't pray for patience, because God's gonna give it to you", which in reality, He may just make you wait!  So, I don't pray for patience, I pray for a good attitude. I am the person who always looks at the clock all day  and fastforwards it mentally in my mind, counting down when I want get to get off of work. I am the person who marks the calendar for spring, and counts the days until it gets here...not only counts the days, but mentally thinks I have this and this to do this day, which will make the time go by faster. I've done this since I was a little girl. Last week, the volunteer at Mallorie's orphanage did not get to visit, so we didn't get any photos of her. This morning when I checked my phone, there was no email from her, so I assume she will go tomorrow. I have no right to complain, as a lot of mom's don't even get this gift of updates. Getting those photos once a week lets me know Mallorie is okay, she is healthy, she is still smiling. Our Article  5 pick up date is next Tuesday, the 9th. What have I been doing?...marking the calendar, filling my spring break week with appointments, shopping, work, anything to keep my mind off of having to wait 2 weeks for this important piece of paper. It is now only a few days away, and after that, our TA (travel approval) wait begins. We are on target to travel the first week of May, willing the TA wait does not drag out longer for some bizarre reason. I will be glad when this process is over...no more countdowns for paperwork to be ready, no more obsessing over the calendar, no more worries about updates on Mallorie...she will be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment