Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Dollbabies...finally
It has taken a while for Hannah to show interest in dolls. It's never been something she really paid that much attention to. We'd buy her a few dolls now and then, and she'd look at them for 5 seconds and put them down, never to be picked up again. It made me sad because I used to enjoy playing with my dolls so much when I was little, and was hoping my daughter someday would enjoy it too. But, I just let her do her own thing and hoped that one day, maybe she'd catch on. Well, it has happened! She is now playing with baby dolls! She loves the Baby Alive that you feed, and plays with it all the time. She calls her Emma. We got her first Cabbage Patch kid, (who looked Asian to me) back at Christmas. Again, she didn't care at all about it at that time. I pulled it out today, and she is playing with it. She came with the name Haleigh, but Hannah has named her Kaleigh. It's so nice to see Hannah playing and pretending to feed, talk to, clothe, rock and take care of her baby dolls. It's a loving nurturing side of Hannah that she is starting to reveal, and it makes me happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It is perfect timing for becoming a big sister. She will put those skills to good use when Mallorie comes home.
ReplyDeleteBy the way any news? I know the SN list comes put tonight or was it last night?
Yes, that is what I thought too...perfect big sister training!
DeleteOur homestudy is being finalized as we speak. They told us it would take about 2 weeks...we are on the 2nd week now. Talked to Chris last night about a little girl I found on the shared list. Unfortunately, she had been locked and today I found out she had been matched. This whole shared list thing is not fun...its like competing to have your name drawn in the lottery or something. Once we get a LID, and the agency starts looking for us, maybe that will change. I hope so.