Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Found her furniture!

I am so excited on a HUGE find that we purchased from a seller on a local yard sale group on Facebook. Just randomly one night, I was browsing the posts, and as soon as the girl posted her furniture for sale, within seconds, I got them! Growing up, I had very similar furniture with a full canopy bed, nightstand dresser/mirror and chest of drawers. They were the typical cream and gold detailed colors of the 70's. I re-painted them for Hannah's room using a flat white and trimmed it in pink. They have been a great accent to her room, look great, and saved us a lot of money not having to buy new furniture. People have asked me where I got Hannah's furniture, and when I tell them it was mine and just refinished, they are surprised. The girl that sold me this was about my age, and also had these growing up. She took excellent care of them, and was a little sad to see them go! I couldn't help but purchase these pieces, as I intend to do the same...repaint them white and re-paint over that gold trim with a color to accent Mallorie's room (probably pink, just a different shade than Hannah's). A couple of weeks before seeing this furniture, I came across the desk...from a completely different seller, so I jumped on that too. So, I now have a complete furniture set for Mallorie's room (other than a mirror to go over the dresser, but I'll find that at the antique store or something). I am excited to start my painting/re-furbishing project!! I'll probably get started next week!

1 comment:

  1. That is a BIG score! So cute I love the vintage look to it. I remember having something like thaw hen I was little too :)

    ReplyDelete