Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 23, 2012

Next step....FINGERPRINTS

We received all the notarized copies of our homestudy today via FedEx. Horray! The next step is the wonderful (insert sarcasm) I-800A fingerprinting to achieve the I-171H (paper, which you need for travel)! We send a form off with a hefty check to immigration services, then they send us our appointment. Then, we are off to get our fingerprints done. It will be a 3-1/2 hour drive to get to the closet CIS office. Fun, Fun...this is the step I favor the least, actually. During this time frame, we will also complete our dossier paperwork...just a few copies of birth certificates, etc. that have to be notarized by the US Consulate and then the Chinese Embassy. I have heard that our local immigration office is now taking about two weeks at most to get your I-171H approval back, so that is great news, as it took about 8 weeks back in 2005. I cannot wait until these fingerprints are over, and we are DTC (dossier to China)...then the real wait for Mallorie begins! Her room been painted and furniture set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment