Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Care package update

This past Sunday morning, out of the blue, I got an email from Sheri at GiftstoChinaWithLove! The subject said "I have pictures!" Mallorie had received her care package last week sometime during Chinese New Year. I really didn't expect her to get it until this week, as everything is shut down in China for CNY that whole week. We got two new pictures of Mallorie at her "forever family" celebration. She got a HUGE cake, and I mean HUGE...twice the size of her! They posed her behind it standing in a chair. She had a little crown on her head too. She was in a room with a bunch of other kids...I am assuming they were all gathered to partake in some of the cake and goodies in our package. The orphanage staff did not take photos of Mallorie with her other gifts we sent her like the photo album with our photos or the panda bear. I was sad about that, but am grateful to have the two new photos of her! She is smaller than I thought, as I can now get a view of her standing up straight. She had Angry Bird splint pants on, which made me laugh! She looks healthy. The one thing I have yet to see if her smile. I know they don't tell her to smile for the photos and just snap a shot, but I so want to see her smile! I am hoping the nannies are allowing her to look at the photos and go over with her that this is mama, baba and mei-mei. We are very fortunate to receive photos of our child at all, as a lot of my friends waiting are not able to receive updates of any kind, as the orphanages won't comply with requests. We are blessed to have had this insight of our daughter while she is waiting for us. This week...we are waiting on LOA (letter of approval)! This is a HUGE step, and will move us much closer!

Oh, and this is my little Valentine on Valentine's Day!


1 comment: