Friday, February 8, 2013
First Care Package
We have ordered Mallorie's first care package! When I say "ordered", I know you are thinking that sounds strange. With shipping costs and customs, it is a huge risk and not to mention majorly expensive to make up a care package of your own to send to China. Plus, the orphanages are picky about what they will let the kids have. There are many third party services run by ladies in China together with adoptive moms, who run business helping families send care packages to their children waiting in China. I have about 3 or 4 that are at the top of my list to use and after talking to some other adoptive moms, we chose on at the beginning of the week. They have Chinese New Year packages, forever family packages, birthday packages, spring festival packages, summer packages...you name it. We chose the "forever family" package. It comes with a cake, 14 page photo album, a disposable camera to get on Gotcha Day, a panda and mommy stuffed animal, a silk pillow with our picture embossed on it and treats for the nanny. It takes about a week to get our box together, and then they will mail it out to Mallorie's orphanage. I have heard that her orphanage is great about taking pictures of the kids opening their packages distributing the toys. The company we are using has had a great success rate at getting photos. So, I am very anxious not only for Mallorie to get her gifts and enjoy a celebration cake of finding a family, but also to see some more photos of her! I hope to be able to send her a package at least once a month until she is home. It won't be as big as this package, because it wasn't cheap to send, but there are smaller packages you can order. I hope that somehow she will get used to our faces and know who her mommy, daddy and sister are.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Hey there
ReplyDeleteI stumbled on your blog from a yahoo group ;) hope it's ok to follow your journey ?
So excited for you
Our family is in process and hope to be LID in a few wks ;)
What a great blessing her care package will be ;)
Many blessings ahead to you!
Janice Willis
http://sunshine-and-grace.blogspot.com
Hi Janice! Thanks for your comment! Would love to have you follow along! Congrats on being so close to getting your LID! I looked at your blog and your designs on Etsy. I may have to order the angel wings necklace :) I will have to look you up on Facebook as well.
DeleteThe 7 Best Video Poker Courses - Hollywood Casino St. Louis
ReplyDeleteThe 7 Best Video 남양주 출장마사지 Poker Courses. The 7 Best Video Poker Courses. The 속초 출장안마 7 Best Video Poker Courses. 평택 출장안마 The 7 Best Video Poker Courses. The 7 경산 출장마사지 Best 전주 출장안마