Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 2, 2013

On January 24, I saw a post on one of the adoption groups I am on on Facebook about a little girl with another agency. I had seen her before on a Yahoo advocacy group, so I got the email of the other agency to inquire about getting a password to view their waiting children. In between this time, I also saw another friend on the Facebook group post about this agency's waiting children again. I went to this agency's blog, and saw a TON of adorable children, who I didn't understand were not matched yet. So, I emailed the agency again about 2-3 other girls. I got an email shortly with their password, and went onto their agency specific listing. I was interested in two girls. One is the child mentioned on the Facebook post, who has a waiting list to review her file, and another is a little girl, who stole my heart the first second I saw her. Her file was available to review. A rare thing in the China special needs adoption world is for agencies to share files if you are not using them for your agency. Surprisingly, she let me see her file. It took me about 10 minutes to read her file, and I knew we wanted to pursue her. So, I contacted our agency, let my family coordinator see the file, and she saw no red flags. I emailed the other agency  back, saying we wanted to pursue this little girl. Next big thing...will they release her file? I didn't want to change agencies. She would let me know the next day if they were willing to release it. Meanwhile, I sent this little girls' medical to our pediatrician to review. I heard back from her shortly, and she was so encouraged with what she read. She gave us the full go ahead! This little girl is healthy, has had her medical need repaired and is developmentally target. She has had good care. When I showed Kevin her picture. He looked at it for 5 seconds and said "Yep, that's Mallorie"! The next morning, I emailed the other agency again telling them we wanted to submit LOI once the file is released, if it is. She emailed me back saying they were willing to release her file back to the shared list for us. Now, this puts us in the position where we could lose this little girl. Because her need is a very popular one that people snatch up very quickly. Both agencies had to work together, coordinating phone calls to the CCCWA as to when they would post her back to the list. Our agency would get a 5 minute warning as to when this would happen, so they could enter her criteria and snatch her up for us. This all happened on the 28th. That evening came around, and all I did was pray...pray that we wouldn't lose her and that all of our efforts were not in vain for someone else to grab this little girl. It as a 50/50 chance.  Around 8:45 Monday night, the phone rang...my heart was about to pump out of my chest. When I heard our family coordinator's tone, I knew we were okay. She said "we got her!" She was ours! We immediately submitted LOI (letter of intent) that evening. This little girl is so precious, and I can't believe we found her. Wednesday morning, the 30th, I got a surprise email with a small update on her including two pictures. She is so beautiful, healthy, and per her nannies report, she seems to have an attitude, so we have our work cut out for us. Meanwhile, I also managed to become friends through Rumor Queen with a lady who's child came from Mallorie's orphanage. This little girl came home in September, and is 2 months older than Mallorie. Low and behold, her mom was kind enough to send me photos, and who do I see?  Our girl! She had 3 photos with our daughter in them. Her nanny is holding her, and I can tell she has had excellent care. We are waiting for PA (preapproval) any day now. Once that happens, I can post photos on a closed group...not here. We also are starting to get a care package ready so we can send her pictures of us and get her familiar with our faces. I am predicting we will travel in May to bring her home. Her photos are on my desk, and Hannah is carrying them around with her too. Mallorie has the most haunting eyes in one of the photos...she just looks like she needs someone to love on her, and I can't wait to do that! So, so thankful we have found our girl!! Oh, and her name is back to Mallorie. Looking at her picture, she just looks like a Mallorie to me!

1 comment: