Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Xin Nian Kuai Le


Happy Chinese New Year...the year of the snake! Every year, we sport out one of the traditional silk dresses we bought Hannah in China. I still remember being in China, sitting on the floor of the store we bought them from with my travel mate, Heather, sorting out sizes and colors, making sure we had one of every size! I cannot believe Hannah is getting so big now! I remember her first silk dress she wore for her red couch photo at The White Swan. It could have fit a doll baby. We don't have any China adoptive family groups in our area or really anywhere to celebrate CNY around here, unforutnately, but we make sure Hannah still knows it's going on. Maybe one year, I'll attempt to make dumplings or test out my creativity with making some CNY decorations, but for this year, it was low key. I wish we lived somewhere close to a China town like they have in NY, so we could at least go to a parade or sink in some Chinese culture.It's exciting to know that Mallorie will be home this year! I can't wait to see my two girls in their silk dresses together!  Xin Nian Kuai Le!!

No comments:

Post a Comment