Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, April 6, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel....

We have completed all of the paperwork and went and did fingerprints at the police station today for our background checks. Kevin's prints came out pefect. Mine look like big messy blobs. I think I am going to have to end up doing them all over again. Our agency only gave one fingerprint form/card each. No extras in case they didn't turn out right. Regarding the letter from Hannah's teacher...no luck there. The county special services department at the school told her she can't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I don't blame her teacher. She tried to just cover herself from not doing anything to jeopardize her job. I blame the higher ups. So, I contacted Hannah's preschool from last year, the one she went to for about 7 months. They are going to do the letter...hallelujah! If not, I don't know where we would be at this point. That is a relief, but I am still EXTREMELY agitated that the county school says they are only responsible to address questions from Social Services...not a private adoption agency. I wanna call someone and give them a piece of my mind, which I may end up doing next week!!!! Social Services and international adoption are two totally different categories! Why be so blind and closed to aid us with what we need to do to bring our child home? Just like people living off of my paychecks every month don't have to get fingerprinted or have background checks to get a free meal ticket or pop out another kid, but we have to do all of that and more just because we want to adopt. Sorry, didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, but that's the way I feel about it.

After we print some pictures of our house and of ourselves at Walgreens, write a hefty check and get a couple of cashier checks for the background checks (which we can get done tomorrow), the packet goes in the mail. HORRAY! A few steps closer...

No comments:

Post a Comment