Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Retro Saturday

Little River Band...Lady. The older I get, the more I appreciate the music I grew up with and the music my parents used to listen to when I was little. I got my love of music from my dad. I remember the stereo system he had set up in the den with just piles and piles of records. I used to look through them one by one, looking at the cover, then the record sleeve liner. Every weekend, mom would be in the kitchen and dad and I would go through those records picking something to put on. Dan Fogelberg, Crystal Gale, Carly Simon, The Eagles, Elton John, Little River Band, Elvis...the list goes on. I can remember sitting on the sofa looking at the album covers while each song played, or I'd dance around the den trying to sing the words or be laying in front of the speakers feeling the beat go through my chest. Those songs embedded themselves in me, as well as the love my parents had for music. I thank them so much for giving me that and the memories I have that are still so strong in my mind of those Saturdays, when life was perfect, the house filled with music and the comfort of home I felt. I can say I do the same thing today they used to do. But today, instead of the record player, it's Pandora. Hannah loves listening to music with me, and I love the fact that I am instilling those same memories with her.
Mom and me.... Oh, and we got a call from our social worker yesterday! First home study visit is next Friday.... :)

1 comment:

  1. I bet your mom would have never guessed in a million years that, that. Little girl would be the mother of 2 beautiful girls from china one day and be passing on the love of music to each of them.

    Great song choice

    S

    ReplyDelete