Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Snowball Bush
This is the snowball bush my grandmother gave my mom before I was born. It is in the back yard of the house I grew up in. I remember taking photos like this when I was Hannah's age, and the tree was half its size. I remember blowing bubbles with my dad under this tree and running around it when my mom hung clothes on the line outside. My childhood home recently has been sold, as mom and dad moved into a new house. It's sad to see it go into someone else's possession, as I feel it is a part of me. I had to take Hannah back one more time to see the snowball bush in full bloom and snap a few pictures. It just turned completely white yesterday. I did not get enough pictures of the full scope of the size of it, but it's about 12-13 feet high. The weather wasn't the best tonight either, but I had to take some pics before some heavy rains arrive. If it survives the rain tomorrow, I'll try to take more this weekend in the sunshine, but here are a few photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So sweet and so pretty both the story and Hannah. Maybe the new owners would not mind if you come by very year as Hannah and Sarah grow to take their pictures under that tree. It would not hurt to ask...
ReplyDeleteThanks, Susan! Good idea to ask the new owners. Either that or ask them if I can dig up the tree - LOL! I wish I could do that. :)
ReplyDelete