Thursday, May 10, 2012
Mallorie
As you can probably see, the title of our blog has been changed, and so has Mei-Mei's name. Back a couple of years ago when we first started talking about adopting again, Kevin and I decided we wanted Mallorie to be her name. It stuck with is. We thought we wanted Sarah for a while, but Mallorie kept haunting us in the back of our minds. Hannah also has had a say in this. We've talked about her sister being named Sarah or Mallorie. She chooses Mallorie every time we ask her. So, for now, it is Mallorie Grace again! A few updates to post about. We had our third homestudy visit this past Sunday, and our next is scheduled for this coming Monday. Only one more to go after that, and after our physicals are done, we will be ready to have our I800-A form and fingerprints done with immigration. Hannah's teacher has the letter in hand, and I do believe is doing it. She made us sign a release, and I haven't heard anything since. I am hoping she is just doing the letter and not waiting for some school meeting to discuss it and then give me bad news again. We also met with Hannah's pediatrician Monday, who I LOVE. She is down to earth and just plain blunt and really understands international adoption and babies that come from China. She sat with us and went over every need on our special needs check list that we were still considering. We have now narrowed it down to two, and are ready to turn it into our agency so they will know which child to refer to us. Our top choice is one I didn't think we'd end up choosing, but after hearing what the doc said about it, it's the way to go.
Oh, and this is what I would love to have for Mother's Day with Hannah and Mallorie engraved on it. Maybe next mother's day since I don't know Mallorie's birthstone, but I have to stick this link in here to remember to order this when I do!
http://jubileesjewels.com/red-thread-necklace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment