Blogger Backgrounds
"For once you have seen the moon from the other side of the world, it changes your life forever"
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Frustration is mounting....

China has implemented a lot of new rules not only since we got done with Hannah's adoption, but just before the new year. One particular rule is a teacher reference letter. We not only have to have FIVE reference letters from friends and family, but this teacher letter needs to be included on top of them. If you have been reading my previous posts, when I said something to Hannah's teacher about this letter a few weeks ago, she freaked out, took it to a higher level, and was told due to liability not to touch it. So, I figured, okay, I'll get Hannah's previous preschool teacher to do one. She went to a little church preschool last year, when she was 3, but we withdrew her because she wasn't progressing there, and the classroom was about the size of someone's master bathroom. She just didn't click there at all. I sent this teacher/director the request. (My MISTAKE) Soon to find out that she wrote in the letter that we had withdrawn Hannah against the schools recommendation. WHAT!? Are you kidding me? I do what I think is best for my child at the time, obviously when she is not in an environment where she is comfortable and progressing, and this is held against me now?!! I was so mad, I called the woman up and told her if she felt that way, why didn't she tell me before writing the letter. Go figure, she is an adopted mother herself, but yet somehow thinks writing this in a letter would not shed a negative light on my family. This woman knew my reasoning to take Hannah out, so did her teacher's and the county, who was giving her speech therapy at the time. They told me in the long run they supported my decision, but she still writes this in the letter!? So now, I am back at square one...back to Hannah's current teacher. Back to the liability situation. I hashed it out on the phone one day with the supervisor she took this all up with, and I told her it was not a personal reference letter about Kev and I, more about Hannah's school activity and us being involved in that, etc. She then proceeds to tell me that she never told Hannah's teacher not to do the letter, just said she wouldn't if she was in her shoes. So, I now I find out it was Hannah's teacher's choice? WHAT!? SO I get permission from the higher up to do the letter. I call Hannah's teacher and told her they gave the go ahead. Now, I heard from my agency today that there is indeed two questions about us in the letter. 1) What do you think of the parenting skills this family institutes. 2) How do you feel about this family bringing an adopted child into their home? HOW DOES CHINA EXPECT TEACHERS TO DO THIS!! Most teachers don't see parents more than 5 minutes a day, if that. This is total BS and I HATE IT. I posted about this on rumor queen, and you would not believe the amount of people having the same problem I am. Schools do not want to take the liability to answer these questions, and I don't blame them. One woman wrote she took it up with the legal department, and finally got a letter written by her principal based just on facts....not opinions. I am about to pull my hair out about this. This letter is a requirement for your dossier. Next week should be really interesting when Hannah's teacher gets the letter and finds out it does have personal questions. EAC has given me some really good advice on what to tell her to do, but I am losing sleep over this. Please pray we get this letter...

1 comment:

  1. Wow, unreal - so sorry your dealing with something that seems so small. Good thing for me, when our time comes...Emma has 2 teachers who are God Mothers if I should have any problems. It sounds so stupid to have such a thing too. When we found out of all the new rules, especially the 5 yrs of post placements, I was super pissed. My whole feeling on that was by the time Emma was placed in our arms our wait was 5 yrs, 6 mos, 1 wk and 4 days so I/we put in our freaking time with a wait..but no another 5 yrs on top of that...still doesn't make for a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete